Are there quality standards for the treatment and care
of people with a long term neurological condition?
Yes. A National Service Framework (NSF) was published in 2005 setting out 11 quality requirements which services should meet, or be striving to meet. They are in relation to:
1. A person-centred service
2. Early recognition, prompt diagnosis and treatment
3. Emergency and acute management
4. Early and specialist rehabilitation
5. Community rehabilitation and support
6. Vocational rehabilitation
7. Providing equipment and accommodation
8. Personal care and support
9. Palliative care
10. Supporting families and carers
11. Care during hospital admission or in other care settings.
Details of these standards may be found in the NSF
Policy and Guidance DH_4105361
The North East Neurological Partnership is working towards encouraging full compliance with these quality requirements.
Find what you need fast in our directory of conditions, services and support. Search by keyword or A-Z of conditions.A-Z of Conditions