• Are you a disabled person who has been hit by welfare and
benefit cuts, or through changes to local services?
• Are you concerned about cuts making tackling disability hate crime more difficult, or wider reforms like changes to support towards housing cost and council tax, meaning the disabled could miss out?
• Are you a carer, someone who works with, or alongside, those affected by these changes?
If so, please come along to this event to help build our regions response to an ongoing programme of cuts falling on disabled people.
Listen to people tell their own story how the cuts have affected them and find out more about what we can do to try and stop the disabled being hit harder than society as whole.
When: Friday 1st June 2012
Where:Banqueting Suite & Pandon Room
Newcastle Civic Centre
Newcastle upon Tyne
To register, go here to to fill in our form online:
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• The event is free to disabled people, their carers, those from charities or Trade Unions to come along.
• If you would like to attend as a visitor from a commercial or public sector organisation there is a charge to attend.
Please email Stephen Powers at email@example.com to
find out more about your organisation exhibiting or to be invoiced
for a £25 Public/Commercial visitor place.
Event supported by Trade Unions and Disability Charities together as the Hardest Hit North East Coalition.
Hardest Hit website: http://thehardesthit.wordpress.com/
Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/379262242106062
And..a brilliant short film by 'Shoot Your Mouth Off'.
Find what you need fast in our directory of conditions, services and support. Search by keyword or A-Z of conditions.A-Z of Conditions